- 1 Short facts about Plus500
- 2 Contracts for Difference
- 3 Forex
- 4 Cryptocurrency
- 5 Regulation
- 6 Trading platform
- 7 Trading on mobile devices
- 8 Trading accounts
- 9 Leverage
- 10 Customer support
- 11 Transactions
- 12 Excluded countries
With Plus500, you can use the Webtrader platform to gain exposure to equity, options, foreign currency pairs, cryptocurrency, commodities, ETF:s, and more. A wide range of Contracts for Difference are available.
Plus500 Ltd is a well-established broker – the company is even listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (LON:PLUS). The parent company operates through several subsidiaries, including the Europe-based Plus500 UK Ltd and Plus500 CY Ltd.
Short facts about Plus500
- Website: https://www.plus500.com/
- Minimum deposit: $100
- Minimum trade: Depends on the asset
- Instruments: Stocks, Options, CFD, Forex, Cryptocurrency
- MT4 integration: No
- Mobile trading: Yes, for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
- Auto trading: No
- Trade signals: No
- Demo Account: Yes
- Islamic Account: No
Contracts for Difference
- GBP/USD spread: 0.0002 var
- Stocks spread: From 0.08% var
- FTSE spread: 1.2 pts var
- Oil spread: 3 pips var
Over 70 different currency pairs are available here.
- EUR/USD spread: 0.06 pips var
- GBP/USD spread: 1.1 pips var
- EUR/GBP spread: 1.3 pips var
Examples of available cryptocurrencies here: BCH, BTC, EOS, ETH, IOTA, LTC, NEO, XMR, XRP
- BTC spread: 1%
- ETH spread: 1.6%
A leverage of 1:2 is available for cryptocurrency trading.
Regulation and licensing vary between the various Plus500 Ltd subsidiaries.
- Plus500 UK Ltd is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 50 99 09).
- Plus500CY Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (Licence No. 250/14).
- Plus500AU Pty Ltd is an authorised Financial Services Provider in South Africa. (License number FSP 47546).
- Plus500AU Pty Ltd is authorised to issue products to Australian residents. In Australia, it holds the license ACN 153 301 681, AFSL # 417727, issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- A derivatives issuer licence in New Zealand (FSP #. 486026) authorises Plus500 to issue products in New Zealand.
Plus500 utilizes the Webtrader trading platform, which is available in several different versions.
Retail traders and professional traders use the same platform.
The platform is available for use directly in the web browser, but it is also possible to download it and install it on the computer.
Trading on mobile devices
A mobile version of the trading platform is available for smartphones and tablets.
- A trading app for Android can be downloaded from the Google Playstore.
- A trading app for iOS can be downloaded from the Apple App Store.
The mobile apps have the full functionality of the desktop platform.
To open a Standard Account at Plus500, you must deposit at least 100 USD (or eqvivalent).
If your account is upgraded to Gold status, you will pay lower premium fees, but the minimum trade volume is higher for accounts with Gold status.
As a Standard Account holder, you will be classified as “retail client” or “professional client”. Retails clients have stronger consumer protection (especially within the European Union) but their access to leverage is lower. For professional clients, leverage up to 1:300 is offered.
The Plus500 Demo Account, where you trade with play-money, is free to open and use, and there is no time limit for how long you can use it.
The Demo Account is a great way to learn how the platform works and try out various trading strategies without losing any real money.
Within the European Union/EEA, the maximum leverage is 1:30. For some instruments, it is even lower, such as 1:2 for cryptocurrency trade.
Outside the European Union/EEA, higher leverage is offered.
The Plus500 support can only be reached throuch email and live chat, there is no phone support.
The support is staffed around the clock, seven days a week.
Examples of accepted transaction methods at Plus500:
- Bank transfer
The minimum deposit for opening a real-money account is 100 USD or equivalent.
Deposits and withdrawals must be done through the same method.
Withdrawal requests are typically processed within 3 business days. Plus500 does not charge any withdrawal fees. The minimal withdrawal amount depends on the withdrawal method.
Plus500 does not charge any inactivity fees for inactive accounts.
Examples of excluded countries: USA, Canada, Brazil, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Cote D’Ivoire, Cameroon, Egypt, Iran, and Belgium.
Traders can not use Plus500 from excluded countries.