The range of assets is massive and highly varied, and IC Markets are also known for their low spreads, such as an average 0.1 pips on EUR/USD. If you opt for the cTrader platform, it is even possible to reduce the spread down to zero.
The IC Markets client stock ranges from novice micro-scale retail traders to institutional investors and high networth individuals. The primary focus is on FX trading and cryptocurrency, but you will also find commodities, futures, CFD:s, and more here.
As an IC Markets trader, you will have access to advanced charting features and tools for trade analysis.
Founded back in 2007, IC Markets is based in Sydney, Australia, and is authortized and licensed by the The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). The enterprise is owned and operated by International Capital Markets PTY, a company headquartered on Sydney’s famous Kent Street.
Short facts about IC Markets
- Website: https://www.icmarkets.com/
- Minimum deposit: $200
- Minimum trade: 0.01 lots
- Instruments: CFD, Futures, FX, Cryptocurrency
- MT4 integration: Yes
- Demo account: Yes
- Islamic account: Yes
- Mobile trading: Yes, for Android, iOS and Windows Mobile
- Auto trading: Yes, via EQUINIX NY 4
- Trade signals: Yes, via Robot Feature
Contracts for Difference
- GBP/USD spread: 0.5 pips
- FTSE spread: 1 pt
- Oil spread: 1 pt
- EUR/USD spread: 0.1 pip
- GBP/USD spread: 0.5 pip
- EUR/GBP spread: 0.5 pip
IC Markets operates through three brands:
- IC MarketsLicensed and regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) since 2009, with the licence number 335692.
- IC Markets (EU)This is the brand for European traders, and it’s regulated in the EU-country Cyprus. IC Markets (EU) is licensed by The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC), the financial regulatory agency of Cyprus. Since Cyprus is a EU member state, CySEC’s financial regulations and operations comply with the European MiFID financial harmonization law and ESMA.
- IC Markets (SC)This brand is owned by True ECN Trading Ltd and is regulated by the FSA in the Seychelles.
IC Markets traders can use three different platforms: CTrader, MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5.
This platform is available for both traditional desktop and mobile touch-screen devices.
CTrader is a popular choice among traders who want to carry out auto-trading, since they can utilize ZuluTrade, Myfxbook’s AutoTrade and Signal Trader’s mirroring technology with this platform.
MetaTrader is a very commonly used trading platform, so you might already be familiar with it if you have been trading with another broker. It comes in two versions: MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). MT5 is essentially an upgraded and expanded version of MT4.
Examples of popular MetaTrader features:
- One-click trading
- Tools for market depth analysis
- Tools for advanced charting
- A number of technical indicators and Expert Advisers
MT4 is available not just for desktop, but also for Android and iOS mobile devices.
IC Markets have several different trading accounds available for their traders:
- Standard Account
- True ECN AccountThe spreads are generally low across all account types, but especially so with the True ECN Account.
- cTrader ECN Account
- Demo AccountIn the Demo Account, you trade with play-money. A great way of getting to know the platform and try out strategies without risking any real money.
The maximum leverage is 500:1, but the cap will be significantly lower for certain instruments, trader classes, and geographical locations.
Customer support is only available five days a week. During that part of the week, the support is staffed around the clock.
The customer support can be reached by calling the global telephone support hotline, sending an email, or using the live chat.
Support is available in several languages.
Exampels of accepted transaction methods:
- Bpay Deposit
- China Union Pay
- Bank wire transfer
- Broker to Broker transfer
- Branch Cash Deposit
Examples of accepted currencies for deposits: USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, CHF, AUD, NZD, SGD, JPY, and HKD.
The minimal initial deposit is 200 AUD or eqvivalent.
Domesitc bank transfers and withdrawals to e-wallets can be processed within one business day, and IC Markets does not charge any withdrawal fee for them.
Other withdrawals can take up to five business days to process and there is typically a 20 to 25 AUD withdrawal fee.
For detailed information about processing time and the size of the withdrawal fee (if any) for your particular withdrawal method, visit the official IC Markets site.
Examples of excluded countries:
- Cote D’Ivoire
Traders can not use IC Markets from excluded countries.