- 1 Short facts about AvaTrade
- 2 Contracts for Difference
- 3 Forex
- 4 Cryptocurrency
- 5 Regulation
- 6 Trading platforms
- 7 Trading on mobile devices
- 8 Automated trading software
- 9 Trading accounts
- 10 Instruments etc
- 11 Customer support
- 12 Transactions
- 13 Excluded countries
At AvaTrade, you can gain exposure to Equity, Options, FX, Cryptocurrency, and more. The selection of Contracts for Difference is really nice.
Use the propietary AvaTradeAct platform and/or the widely-known third-party MT4 platform – the choice is yours. Some traders like to use both platforms with their AvaTrade account to take advantage of the respective strenghts of each platform.
Founded back in 2006, AvaTrade is a well-established online broker that has grown to encompass offices across the world – from Japan to the British Virgin Islands. In Europe, AvaTrade is licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Short facts about AvaTrade
- Website: https://www.avatrade.se/
- Minimum deposit: $100
- Minimum trade: $1
- Instruments: Equity, Options, FX, Cryptocurrency, CFD
- MT4 integration: Yes
- Mobile trading: Yes, for iOS and Android
- Auto trading: Yes, with API integration into numerous platforms, including MT4, MQL5 and ZuluTrade
- Trade signals: No
- Demo account: Yes
- Islamic account: No
Contracts for Difference
- FTSE spread: 1 pt
- Oil spread: 0.03
- GBP/USD spread: 1.3 var
- Stock spread: 0.06 var
- EUR/USD spread: 0.7 var
- GBP/USD spread: 1.3 var
- EUR/GBP spread: 1.7 var
AvaTrade offers trade in eight different cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, EOS, ETH, LTC, XRP
The spreads are comparatively tight for some cryptos, including 1% for Bitcoin and 2% for Ether.
Maximum leverage for the crypto trade is 1:2.
AvaTrade have obtained authorization and licensing from several different authorities around the world.
- IrelandAvaTrade is licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland, license number C53877. Ireland is a member of the European Union, which means that EU law applies.
- AustraliaAvaTrade is licensed by The Australian Securities and Investments Commission, license number 406684.
- JapanAvaTrade is licensed by The Financial Services Agency (Kin’yū-chō), which is a Japanese government agency. The license number is 1662.
As an Ava Trader, you will have access to the following trading platforms:
- The proprietary AvaTradeAct platform, which is a bespoke platform created specifically for Ava Trade.
- MetaTrader 4 (MT4), a trading platform that you might already be familiar with since it is utilized by a wide range of trading sites.
- MetaTrader for floating spreads
Trading on mobile devices
MT4 mobile apps are available for iOS and Android.
Automated trading software
AvaTrade features several different automated trading softwares:
- API Trading
- Mirror Trader
- MQL5 Signal Service
This is the account used by a vast majority of all traders at Ava Trade.
Swap free account (Islamic Sharia account)
This account type is for traders who want an account that operates in accordance with the Islamic Sharia Principle of interest-free trading.
Professional traders that fulfill certain requirements can have a MAM account. With a MAM account, it becomes easy to manage several accounts held for clients. You can create multiple sub trading groups and carry out trade order placements from a master account.
In a demo account, you trade with play-money. It’s a great way of getting to know the platform and trying out various trading strategies without risking any real money. You don’t have to make any deposit to get a demo account.
Examples of what you can gain exposure to at AvaTrade:
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Over 50 different foreign currency pairs, including majors, minors and quite a few exotics. The FX trading is open 24/7. For some pairs, the spread is as low as 0.8 pips. In some parts of the world, you can enjoy a generous 400:1 leverage even as a retail trader.
- Nine different cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, and Ripple. Maximum leverage is 20:1 (lower in some geographical locations).
The support can be reached through phone, email, live chat and social media.
Support is available in several different languages.
For many countries, local phone support is available. This includes 20+ countries in Europe.
Examples of accepted transaction methods:
- MasterCard (including the Ava Debit MasterCard)
- Bank wire transfer
The minimum first deposit is 100 USD (Exception: If you first deposit is through bank wire transfer, you must deposit a minimum of 500 USD.)
Withdrawal requests can take up to 5 business days to process.
There is no withdrawal fee, but you must meet the minimal withdrawal size requirement.
About the Ava Debit Mastercard
Once you have signed up for an AvaTrade account, you can apply for an Ava Debit MasterCard. A big advantage with this card is that moving money form your trading account to your Ava card tend to go pretty quickly compared to other transaction methods.
Examples of excluded countries:
Traders can not use Ava Trade from excluded countries.